Acai bowls are one of our favorite breakfasts. They’re so light, yet so filling, sweet and delicious! Plus they are so customizable, which is great because you can virtually use whatever you have on hand in your kitchen, throw it in your blender, and top with fruit! Here’s our quick recipe for this tasty treat! We hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 banana
- 4-5 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 frozen pear (we cut, portion and freeze these ourselves)
- 1/2 frozen acai packet (we use the organic brand ‘Amazon planet’ and it’s sold at whole foods)
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 1 tsp Acai powder (optional, it will still be great without this)
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh Apple
- Granola (we used ‘mama chia vanilla almond granola’ which is sold at whole foods)
- Coconut flakes *optional
- Local Bee pollen *optional
- Blend the acai packets, banana, frozen strawberries, pear slices, acai powder, maca powder, and orange juice in your blender. You want this to be very thick, but add more orange juice if it’s not blending through.
- Chop up your fresh fruit and place the fresh fruit, granola, coconut, and bee pollen on top of your acai mixture after you’ve placed it in a bowl.
- Serve and enjoy before it melts!
** The toppings on this bowl are completely interchangeable and you can use any fresh fruit you have on hand / personally like. The ones we mentioned in this recipe are just are personal favorites, and what we think would compliment the acai mixture best!